Vintage Class

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Walking by Faith

I haven't written on here in a little while to my shame, but I need to update :)

So, I turned 24 in November and I've really been praying that this year of my life would be a year that I wouldn't just make more temporal goals, but be a year marked by a SPIRITUAL difference. I had a wonderful Christmas break in which the Lord really spoke to me about a lot of things, but put in my heart above anything the resolve to see His hand in my life! So, I came into this new year with the goal of ACTIVELY LOOKING for the hand of God. It seems I look so intently towards everything He hasn't given, and it's time I started focusing on what He HAS given me.

I've seen His hand actively in a lot of ways, and will record them throughout, but tonight specifically in my heart the Lord has been impressing me to write about His teaching me to yield. I'm at a place in my walk with Him where He no longer removes things that He does not want for me, but instead leaves the choice with me. He says to me, "This thing that is in front of you is good, but it is not BEST." It's like Uriah...when David brought him home from the battle and allowed him to go home to his wife, instead he stayed at the palace gate. It wasn't wrong for him to go home, in fact it would have been good-but instead he chose what was excellent, which lead to David's sin being found out! Now there is a incredible man of God! I stand in the same place, and I want my life to be marked by excellence, not just "getting by".

Well, as He's been teaching me this yielding and trusting, He's coupled with it the necessity of not only hearing His voice, but heeding to it. I was praying over Christmas break about business card needs for the Academy, especially a print sponsor who could print them for free for us! I prayed about it but the Lord really convicted me over Christmas that my prayer was lacking footsteps; I was praying but had already shut down the possibility in my mind, so I hadn't even gone out. Well when I got back, the Lord kept pressing it on my heart, so I made a list of 7 print places and got in the car with my GPS and headed out. I started typing in the name of a very large and reputable local print place, but my eyes saw the "Faith Printing Co" at the top of the page and I believe the Lord said, "Go there first". After a couple minutes of trying to reason my way out, I agreed and typed in the address but couldn't find it. The building was non existent lol, so I drove on and started talking to the Lord saying "Why would you send me to this print place if it's not even there". I kid you not, the Lord said back to me, "Look at the paper", so I looked at the address and I had typed in the wrong street haha. I laughed and apologized and went on my way lol.

When I got to the print place I went in and asked to speak to the manager/owner about business cards and long story short, he was unable to meet so she told me to leave my advertising information, and once again the Lord said, "Ask for a meeting time". I asked if I could schedule a meeting, and she had me start filling out my name and number and available times, when I heard this voice from the back room say, "I'm not busy", and a very nice older gentlemen popped his head out from around the corner and said "Come on back!".

He met with me for about 30 minutes and took all my information down, and told me when I got back to send him my files and they'd see what they could do for me! I talked to the Lord all the way home lol, thanking Him first of all then praying every minute that His hand would be seen and He'd help me to trust Him. I had 6 other print places listed to visit but He told me to go back to the building, so I did. I emailed all the designs that afternoon, and with every attachment hearing that awesome line from "Facing the Giants"..."You prayed for rain, now prepare your fields to receive it."

Well, several emails and phone calls later, I was confirmed yesturday that they will be printing all of our staff/manager business cards for free in exchange for advertising and they will be ready by the end of the week!

I wavered back and forth on typing this because I thought "No one cares about my design praises" lol, but it was a time that my eyes have seen the Lord's hand, and I never want to forget THOSE moments- the "Faith Printing" moments in my life that teach me to do just that-WALK BY FAITH! By God's grace I will.

2 comments:

Brenda said...

Hi Jennifer, Enjoyed your blog! I have had many of those faith moments in the last few months. I work on the Board for a mission in Liberia. They have an orphanage with 33 students and are just starting a school this Jan. Well, these little orphans have been on my mind for a long time. In my thinking and praying - I kept asking the Lord to show me how my church and I could help them. Well a couple in our church works with Steven Curtis Chapman's organization who helps couples adopt children from overseas;she was speaking about that ministry on a Sunday. As I listened I thought Lord, maybe Emily could help the orphans in Liberia get adopted. Well, God is amazing; I spoke with her and connected her with the originator and director of Light Evangelism Ministr in Liberia. I contacted Mr. Dahn and asked him about sponsoring the orphans and to get pictures and bios for the children. By the next Sunday, we had 33 pictures with almost all the bios, and within 2 weeks 26 out of 33 children had monthly sponsors (send $35 for their food, clothes, school needs). These children will get to go to a Godly school, hear the Word, learn, and have adults to raise them up in righteousnes. God is AWESOME and truly uses His children to do His Work on earth. It is so much fun to be a part of that work and watch Him fit all the puzzle pieces together.
I am glad that you and Erin got to get together this summer. Take care and if we are ever up that way will give you a hollar. Mrs. Griffith

Being All There... said...

Wow! That is awesome and really encouraging Mrs Griffith! Thanks for sharing..iron sharpening iron :)