Vintage Class

Saturday, January 21, 2012

CHOOSING to lean

What a lesson to be learned from the lily...

This week has been our Basket of Flowers performance week at the Logos Theatre...prep work and 2 performances today. I am sitting typing this on the same bed I asked the Lord for strength this morning in the realization that He gave me exactly what I needed. If there has been anything I've learned MOST from this production, it is that He is WAITING to hold us up if we'll let Him...but that's the key- actually leaning. I asked for strength this morning and during practice started feeling a panic attack and a weakness come on- i started to give in to it and the Lord seemed to say "you don't have to give in to this" - wait, I CAN give it to the Lord....and so I did. I think today was the first time I've ever done that in my life- rebuke the devil and he will flee from you! And do you know what the most amazing part of it was???-He kept His word. Mary Grace poked her head into my bed this morning and said the Lord had laid it on her heart to give me a verse and it was Isaiah 41:10, "Fear thou not, for I will be with thee. Be not dismayed, for I am thy God. I will strengthen thee, yea I will help thee, yea I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness." And you tell me that God doesn't speak anymore!! I took God at His word and He was FAITHFUL! I proved Him today, and I received His strength as a blanket of warmth in a much needed winter!
I just sit here amazed and think that maybe God gave me this part so I would learn just how much I can lean on that strength...and I'll tell you there's just nothing else worth leaning on.

No comments: