Vintage Class

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

"Wait on Me, I know the thoughts I have toward you"

Today was a day full of Jeremiah 29:11's..."For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end." I looked up "expected" in my Kindle Fire's Bible dictionary and it had an interesting grouping of words at the end of the concordance definition...it described "expected" as "Something I long for". How interesting...I can trust the Lord not only to take me in the best way for me, but through that trust know when He brings about those plans they will be better than anything I could have planned for myelf- in looking back I will long for what He has brought about more than anything I wanted before I could see the entire picture in front of me.
I hope to say this as a word of encouragement tonight...today was full of "Where are you going to send me this summer, Lord"...wait on Me, I know the thoughts I have toward you... "Would a godly man ever think me worthy of being his wife?"....wait on Me, I know the thoughts I have toward you..."You are accomplishing Your plan in my good friends life, while I feel like I'm standing stagnant; what is Your plan for my life?"....wait on Me, I know the thoughts I have toward you! As I walked down the stairs to my cubicle, the Lord stopped me dead in my tracks and resounded through my head "I know the thoughts that I think toward you...thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end."....He has a plan, and just because I don't see it fully laid out does not mean that He has stopped it.
It's like the moon...a few years ago I started almost having an inside moment with the Lord and the moon...everytime I was frustrated, weary, discouraged, excited, confused...any moment I had to share with the Lord, it seemed the moon was always above, shining in plain view, reminding me that God was there and would never leave me nor forsake me. One night as I was coming home and facing one of the hardest situations for me at the time, I looked up...no moon. I started getting honestly angry with the Lord, saying "Of all nights I needed to see the moon, THIS was the night" and as I pulled into my driveway the Lord gave me this thought...that just because I can't see the moon doesn't mean it isn't there...and it's the same with the Lord. Alot of times, the clouds get in the way and I can't see anything, but God is at work, developing a greater plan for me than I could ever have imagined. Those clouds didn't clear that night for a long while (I stayed in the driveway and watched them lol)...but it never changed the position of the moon...it stayed right where it had always been, and always would be.
He knows...He knows He knows He KNOWS....and I can trust Him to order my life, but I think right now the trust requires that I wait on Him...Help me welcome it, Lord...not only for the time to know You, but for the fact that it makes whatever Your plan is that much sweeter when You allow it to unfold...Give me strength, Lord to trust that You know.

No comments: