Vintage Class

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

more than just by name...

How much do we really know God? I'm not talking about knowing about Him, but actually knowing Him deeply. I walked the auditorium tonight and am asking the Lord to draw me close and grow me..not just the average "grow me more like You" prayer that we don't even spend 3 minutes on...i'm talking about a heart CLEANSING! I'm tired of being a lazy Christian...I want to know God, I want to talk to Him, I want to be like Him-and not for people saying I am godly, but to be pleasing in His sight! What is He trying to accomplish in me? I want that question to penetrate my thoughts tonight....What is standing in the way of myself and the Lord? I do not wish to be stagnant, I wish to move forward and to care more about the Lord than about who thinks I am attractive or what the score is for my favorite team or how many people commented or liked my status on facebook.... these things are good but what value do they carry in Eternity?
I say I love the Lord..but by seeing my life from His eyes is it true? I want to look into His eyes in Eternity and KNOW Him..more than just by name.

No comments: